VuePoint Diagnostics is a fast-growing mobile x-ray company searching for a Radiologic Technologist to fulfill our Birmingham team opening! The 2nd shift is typically Monday through Friday 2pm-10pm or 4pm to 12am.
You will be providing x-rays in a variety of community health care settings, including nursing facilities, assisted living and senior care communities, private residences and many other settings. As a mobile x-ray tech, you will be assigned a company vehicle and state-of-the -art portable digital x-ray machine (DR).
This is a great opportunity to work independently outside of the traditional four walls of a hospital or practice. You will be part of the growing trend of bringing diagnostic imaging services out to the community so patients can remain safely at home.
This job is ideal for someone who is:
- Innovative, Creative
- Autonomous, Independent
- Flexible, Adaptable
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; informing supervisor of supplies needs.
- COVID-19 considerations: Full PPE provided.
- Documents patient care services by noting all necessary information in RIS.
- ARRT (R) registry required or registry eligible (must complete within 90 days)
- CPR preferred
- Minimum 1-year previous experience as an Radiologic Technologist, a plus
- Valid Driver’s License and maintains driving record in good standing
- Excellent customer service skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Internet Explorer; Outlook, i0S.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of radiation.
- The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit and/or drive for long periods of time.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.